While Jim and I were down in New Orleans, we tasted blackened red fish for the first time at Fisherman’s Cove, and fell totally in love with both the fish and the seasoning. Much to our delight, the blackened seasoning was a commercial product and could be purchased! We bought a packet at the store, then later when we returned home, I ended buying a whole case of it direct from the company as we love it so much! This recipe developed purely by accident.
I had grilled some salmon with the blackened seasoning, and the next day I made alfredo sauce and poured it over the leftovers. We discovered how absolutely fabulous this stuff was in alfredo sauce!
1/2 cup butter, (1 stick)
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons blackened seasoning, (I use River Road brand)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
1 pound crawfish, cleaned (you can buy it frozen)
fresh egg pasta
1. Melt the butter and garlic in a medium size saucepan over your lowest heat setting until the butter begins to simmer.
2. Add the garlic, cream, white pepper, and blackened seasoning. Whisk thoroughly.
3. Add the cheeses and turn the heat to medium low, simmer until cheeses are melted and sauce has thickened slightly.
4. Add the crawfish and stir until warmed through.
5. Serve over fresh egg pasta, topped with diced tomatoes and green onions. Do NOT get on the scale in the morning.