Yep, that’s Miss Caroline! The bodice of her dress is a bit too snug… I may need to give her gown to one of her cousins. She’ll be mad as a hornet I’m sure, but that’s what happens when you keep eating oatmeal cookies! Ask me how I know!
Still, I am completely enamored with this dress and I learned some new techniques making it. Many thanks to Thimbles and Acorns for their wonderful patterns and instructions. Most of what I’ve learned has been from T&A patterns.
I chose to make a chemisette, pattern from Pemberly Threads instead of a neckerchief, for the neckline. And I know that my fabrics, to be historically correct, should have had the petticoat be the solid and the overdress the print, but Caroline insisted it be opposite, because she thought the red went so well with her hair. Hmph.
I put the ties for the chemisette on the side instead of in front, since the overdress is open there and I didn’t want the ties showing.
I used the Bernina #6 foot and couched a thin cord, which I removed after gathering the lace for the neckline. The Bernina #6 foot is identical to the very popular #20 foot, bit has a hole in the sole for couching.
I used a simple zigzag stitch over the cord.
I made fresh egg pasta after lunch. No clue what I’m doing with it, but pasta something or other is for dinner tonight.