Gigot Sleeve Doll Dress
I finally finished the gigot sleeve doll dress this morning, except for the sleeve closures. I have the decorative buttons for them, but need mini snaps which I’ll have to run to the store for.
I made her a set of bloomers to wear under the dress as well. By the way, this is a “Nikki” American Girl Doll I bought on Goodwill for a song, cleaned her up and re-wigged her. After happily scalping her of course… that’s the fun part!
With the exception of finishing the seams on my serger (Babylock Ovation), this was sewn entirely on my vintage Singer 401a. I was able to try out the ruffler and hemmer foot, on the skirt ruffles, and since I opted to put in a zipper back, the zipper foot as well.
The ruffler and hemmer were a piece of cake to use. The zipper foot was not nearly as easy as the one for my Bernina, but I got the job done.
While still not of the quality I’d be happy selling, I’m overall pretty tickled with this dress and it will happily help decorate my sewing room.