This is perfect soup weather! We had just a smidgeon of snow yesterday, and it really had me craving a pot of soup. Most of my favorite soup recipes aren’t overly keto friendly… and of course, I really crave a roll or a biscuit with soup, but I’ll tough it out. 🙂
Keto Cabbage Soup
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 6 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 lbs spicy Italian sausage
- 12 ounce package frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped (core removed)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 – 6 cups beef broth (bouillon is fine)
- 12 ounce can of V8
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, brown onion, garlic, red pepper and Italian sausage. Drain any fat.
- Stir in chopped cabbage and let cook until slightly softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add all remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and reduced heat to medium low. Cover and simmer on low about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
It’s hardy and satisfying! I keep it pretty thick so I don’t crave a roll too much :). Enjoy!