I still have to turn the binding and hand stitch it down, but this morning I finished the ditch stitching, took it off the longarm and trimmed it, and fortunately the bias binding has been finished since before I loaded it on the longarm, so I was able to get it sewn on as well.
I’m so proud of myself for finally sucking it up and finishing. This has been a major struggle for me with just about any project I start since my son passed three years ago. Occasionally I get excited to start something, but lose interest. So YAY ME!
This one sat on the longarm for so long I was afraid I wouldn’t remember exactly how I did what. I had taken notes, but they’ve long since been lost.
This one was quilted with Quilter’s Dream 70/30 batting, Isacord thread on the top, and Superior Thread’s Bottom Line in the bobbin.
I was so motivated after I trimmed it, I would have loaded the Churn Dash that’s ready to be quilted if I’d had a backing ready, but I don’t, and I’m not sure I’m going to convince myself to make one anytime soon… but we’ll see!
This was not my original place for this lonestar, it was far more elaborate, but after I pieced the star I lost interest. I came up with the existing borders so I could complete it fairly quickly. It’s eighty six inches square, so not huge.
It’s too wet out to get any good photos. I usually hang my quilts on the fence and photograph them there.