Moda Blockheads 2020 Week 6

I made a slight modification to the designers block for this week. I removed one half square triangle section from each quadrant of the block. It looked a little unbalanced to me. Then I colored mine differently, so it looks quite different overall. It’s the one in the lower right corner.

Jim noticed some build up on the cam stack in my Singer 401a, so he took it out of the machine, disassembled it, and put it to soak in some acetone, before lubricating it and putting it back in to my machine.

Meanwhile, as he hasn’t yet straightened the presser foot bar on my “new” Singer 403a, I set his 301a up in a cabinet after discovering I had an insert to fit, and have been doing my quilt piecing on it.

I quite like it! I love piecing on my 401, but I think I might like this one just a tad better. I’m still waiting to do a comparison on the 15-91 as well.

I’m not liking my churn dash quilt at all, it’s too stark looking. I’ll finish it, get it quilted and see what I think.

CJ Tinkle

Your feedback is always welcome! If you have a question, I will respond to it here.