I actually enjoyed quilting this one, no tension issues!
I used a cornflower blue Glide thread on the top, and navy blue Bottom Line thread in the bobbin. After fixing my check spring on my tension unit, it was a joy to be able to use two different color threads again with no pokies in the corners.
I tried a new Panto on this one, an I really like the way it turned out!
The Hunter Star blocks almost always looks better custom quilted, but if you use a Panto on it, scale makes a big difference. This Panto loads up at about twelve inches high. I scaled it back to seven inches, so that the stars were similar in size to my stars or the centers of the blocks.
I digitized the quilt label in Embrilliance, using the leftover backing fabric. I typically will do the labels on the light fabric, but it looks so much nicer on the dark that matches, and the girls said they could use a gold or silver fabric pen to write in the recipients name.
The binding is ready to be turned, so I’ll have a project besides my hexies to take along to my guild retreat at the end of the week.