Color me ecstatic! I have finished the quilt for my mom, other than hand stitching the binding to the back, which I will finish tomorrow while I’m at the Quilt House.
I got lucky and found a wide backing fabric in my stash which I thought worked well with the quilt top, so I tossed it in the rinse cycle in the washing machine, and hung it out to dry. “Solar” ironing!
Glide Thread, always my thread of choice for quilting, and I tried out their magnetic Magna Glide Delights bobbins with this quilt. It took me quite some time to get my tension adjusted with them, but I think I will use them from now on.
You remove the anti-backlash spring with them, as the magnetic core serves the same purpose. You can save all the cores and return them to the company for recycling. When winding my own bobbins, I often have a glitchy start to my quilting, likely from overfilling the bobbin, causing me to rip out the first bit of stitching.
Recently, I purchased the new yellow bobbin from Bernina. It’s a high tension bobbin, preset for decorative stitching, and embroidery. The old style bobbins have a finger you thread to achieve the tightness without having to adjust the default tension, but the new style bobbins are quite different.
I tested it out with a quick quilt label. I’m not ready to proclaim its greatness yet, but it did a nice job on this teensy font, considering I used white bobbin thread.
I used a half-inch font called “Tiny Twinkle Star” by Oma’s Place Embroidery Designs. She has several teensy fonts that stitch out beautifully for quilt labels.