I’ve been waffling over skirt patterns for my Suffragette outfit, and finally settled on the skirt portion of “Anne Shirtwaist and Skirt” by Pemberly Threads, but made some modifications to the pattern.
To start with, I decided to make some tucks in the front panel of the skirt, to go with the blouse.
I added one of the gorgeous laces I’d found for this project, an option in the pattern which I loved. The lace is extremely fine netting with a bit of embroidery and pearls on it. Perfect over the batiste and ties in with my pearl buttons on the sleeves.
In the pattern, the back of the skirt is seamed together, but I am hemming my sides so I can add the same ivory snaps down the back of it as I did on the blouse.
So here’s how it looks so far. I have to go look at more historic images of the dresses the women wore before I settle on a hem length.
I have a jacket idea in mind, in lightweight linen, which may or may not be doable and look right, still playing with that idea.
Tonight I am hand sewing the waistband.