Wallhanging Finished!

This morning I finished appliquéing down the circles, and added the final border to the mini lone star wallhanging. I absolutely love the way it turned out, however instead of it being about thirty or so inches square as planned, it’s forty two inches square… perhaps a bit large for its intended hanging space.

The machine appliqué was done on my Bernina 740, with the 5.5mm #20 open toe foot, and a 5.5mm stitch plate, a stitch width of 2.70mm, and a stitch length of 2.75mm; Isacord thread on top and Superior Threads Bottom Line in the bobbin. I used the high tension Bernina yellow bobbin case.

So I’m not sure what I’ll be doing with it. Something… I like it very much! It’s now in line for the longarm. Once Jim has left for his next contract in a week, I hope to finish up the quilt on the longarm. It’s been sitting for so long now!

No quilting plan in my head at this time for this one, just like there was no solid design for piecing. My designs are often fluid that way, things change as I go along. That’s part of the reason why I avoid writing patterns! I always buy ample fabric because I never know what I might change at the spur of the moment, and rarely can I tell you how much fabric I used.

They say quilting is a logical process, but I think I probably defy that notion. 🙂

CJ Tinkle

This Post Has 2 Comments

  1. Julia

    Beautiful! I love the applique!

    1. tinksquared

      Thank you Julia, hope you are doing well! It’s good to hear from you.

Your feedback is always welcome! If you have a question, I will respond to it here.