Some of my blog readers won’t have seen this before… I’ve been working on this shower curtain forever, but I didn’t have a plan when I started it, other than to alternate red and cream print blocks.
Once I got started on it, I decided it was too plain and started embroidering it. That wouldn’t have been such a hassle had I chosen to do that first, before starting to assemble the darn thing.
Doing the embroidery on such a large thing is a pain in the butt, which is why I keep dragging my feet on it.
I think I only lack about four more blocks to embroider, and one row to add, then I’ll need to finish all the sides and sew buttonholes for the shower hooks.
Once upon a time I could have told you the name of this motif and where I got it, but I’ve been working on this for so long I’ve forgotten. It’s an eight inch mandala of sorts.
I’ll probably only get one block done today, but I’ll be delighted with myself regardless! One step closer! The fabrics coordinate with my Jelly Roll rug I made for our upstairs bathroom.