Bernina foot #22
This is the most difficult doll dress I’ve attempted to date. I am really enjoying the challenge. Each outfit teaches me a little more, but it’s also a bit disheartening to keep disappointing myself. I’m not entirely certain this one will come together right, that remains to be seen!
This is the back of the outer dress so far. It has a gazillion tiny pleats and darts, which I much prefer to gathers.
The pattern called for 1/8th inch twill tape to be sewn to the inside of the skirt and tied to create a bustle. I didn’t have any, or even any 1/8th inch grosgrain, so I got a little creative and couched three cords together using my Bernina #22 foot.
It worked brilliantly! I wasn’t sure if I could do this without fabric beneath the cords, as that is the only way I’ve used the presser foot in the past, so I learned something new.
Here is the bustle effect.