There’s a terribly ugly wall quilt hanging over my desk that I see a gazillion times a day and it’s time to make it go away.
Since the Moda Cinnaberry fabrics are still scattered on my cutting table from the Moda Blockheads quilt I just finished piecing, I decided those would be the perfect fabrics to make a miniature lone star in my favorite colors.
I played around with drawing it up in Electric Quilt this morning and I think I’m quite happy with this. Nothing fancy, and it could change before I’m done, but I’ll probably stick with this plan.
It will measure thirty two inches square, so the patchwork is tiny. The star itself will be pieced with one and half inch strips, finishing at one inch wide.
These are the actual fabrics. I did have to order a yard of the background fabric as I wanted that exact fabric, and I would have had to use multiple scraps otherwise.
I think I left out the red print that’s in the pieced border here, but you get the idea.
I had intended to run up to my Bernina dealer today and pick up my doll modeling the centennial anniversary suffrage outfit I made, but I didn’t sleep much last night and think I’ll just be lazy today. I have quite a few pictures in my doll sewing gallery of the outfit if you’re interested in seeing it.